Off to Festival du Bois for the weekend, soon; won’t be back until late Monday night. I feel strange heading out after four months mostly stuck at home recovering from eye surgeries, but a little stranger stepping out while the Bone Walker soundtrack is going so well! My calendar feels like one unending game of Jenga sometimes.
I’m keeping the collective noun for a group of microphones poll open until I get back. If you haven’t seen that list, do – everybody came up with great suggestions, and some of them are really funny. The poll for favourite is surprisingly close.
Meanwhile, I’ll be on twitter and stuff, but have some links to keep you busy ’till I get back.
- The Verge with an atypically good article on how the internet is fucked, but can be salvaged;
- The first post in the Boosting the Signal project has launched; it’s in response to that whole SFWA kerfluffle and is one of those cases where people are building their own damn amusement parks;
- What I Owe to Harold Ramis, a.k.a., Egon is the Best Ghostbuster;
- The Heather Dale Band’s Celtic Avalon project is worth your support;
- So is The Inspector Chronicles, the Doctor Who-parodying Inspector Spacetime movie;
- Pandora no longer requires a replicated CD at Amazon to be on their service;
- YOU CAN VISIT THE TOTORO HOUSE IN JAPAN I AM NOT JOKING OH GOD I WANT TO GO THERE. And take notes and build a house just like it;
- Taking Back the Cloud: building your own damn cloud system. Some of us never stopped, but I’m glad more people are realising “the cloud” is just computers, not magic, and finally:
- Fuck yeah, treehouses!
Enjoy! And see you Tuesday.