You collectively came to no consensus whatsoever. As is typical for supervillains, so we’re on theme there. XD Of all the candidates for a group noun for microphones, most received at least one vote – my nomination, a silly of microphones, being an exception as it didn’t even get my vote because your ideas were better. And there’s a three way tie for best.
To wit, the top three, in alphabetical order, with the names of the people who suggested them:
- A Boom of Microphones (Pauline, band site)
- A Feedback of Microphones (Corvi & Jessie C, DW; Clemtaur, LJ; Susan Davis, FB)
- A Heard of Microphones (Josh K, Russ, Susan Davis, FB)
And only one vote behind, worth an honourable mention:
- An Impedance of Microphones (Scott, band site)
Personally, I think it should be a heard of headphones, myself, but that wasn’t tabled for question time this past go ’round. What do you think?
Should "Heard" be used for "microphones" or "headphones"?
- [ ] A heard of microphones, because I am wrong.
- [ ] A heard of headphones, because I am a clever person.
- [ ] Okay, what the hell?
- [ ] Yeah, heard this.
[[ CLICK HERE TO VOTE ]]