- I hate artificial orange flavour. Hate it. Actual oranges are fine, chocolate flavoured with orange oil is okay. Everything else is terrible and awful and no.
- I did AI research back in ye daye, in sentence parsing and sentence generation. It wasn't published - I didn't try - and some of it has been being recreated by Google only in the last couple of years. I find that kind of hilarious, and maybe sad. But the actually amusing part is that it was being done in FORTRAN IV, a language which lacked strings of any kind.
- Relatedly, I've written basic string handing libraries. Several times, actually. Also in FORTRAN.
- It's fairly well known amongst friends that I don't remember childhood. But I've had these nightmares - as an adult! - of the Scary Butterfly in the Television. I didn't know what it was until a couple of years ago when I fell down a Wikipedia well. It was the CBC Butterfly logo from when they first went colour. Apparently, that thing freaked Tiny Me right the hell out. Did. Not. Want.
- Amongst my circle of friends, I'm the one who found World War Z and said "check this out, it looks amazing" and everybody read it and thought it was awesome. Except for me. I got busy and never read it. It's still on my to-read pile.
- I forgot a sixth thing when I posted this the first time.
Comment if you want a number!