Solarbird (solarbird) wrote,

what's this stuff called?

What's the correct word for the metal edge reinforcement used on trunks, anyway? (And why do all the photos I find in google only have metal on the corners? Or are the edges just darker metal?) My old trunk - now used to hold the Hugo award exhibit trophies between Worldcons - had metal all along the edges, and that's what I'm planning for the mandolin case.

Failing that, anybody know a good place for thin brass metal strips? I want something thick enough to take an impact (once cornered, anyway) but think enough that I can hammer it into an edge piece, lengthwise. I have a bench vise so it won't be difficult, just tedious.
Tags: dear lazyweb, diy

  • Post a new comment


    Comments allowed for friends only

    Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded