I’ve seen a lot of people talk about 2015 as a terrible, just-survive-it kind of year, and hoping next year will be better.
For us, 2015 has been a pretty good year, and not just because nobody had to overnight at the hospital. No, it wasn’t all great; some things were pretty terrible, and I could dwell on them, and would, given half a chance. It’s in a supervillain’s nature, I think. But I’d rather start 2016 concentrating on what’s gone right.
So, in that spirit – what’s gone well for you in 2015? What’s gone right?
Here’s my list. Taking it month by month:
- January: After all those delays, Bone Walker shipped, with a big release show at Conflikt;
- February: BASSMAS! Plus, I could announce announce my first GoH (Toastmaster) invitation;
- March: Legend of Korra fandom had the best possible ECCC fan meetup photo;
- March and April both: The Sad Puppies mess was terrible, fair enough, but I won’t turn down the traffic from the articles I wrote;
- May: it turned out that having a proper mobile view really matters on the blog;
- June: Playing concerts in 119°F weather was terrible, but we got good stories out of it;
- July: the Seattle Peoples’ Front struck again with great success;
- August: the Spokane Worldcon came and went with some degree of hilarity, and then, of course;
- September: we got nominated to the Grammy jury, and, to our astonishment…
- October: …past that jury and to the Long List, making us officially nominees. Then I made Regional Sales Director at Vault-Tec;
- November: …and went to Orycon for the first time in so long it was really my first Orycon again. Then we topped off…
- December: …by recording a new single (can’t link yet, sorry), and making our first guest appearance in someone else’s music video.
So for us, on balance? A good year.
Your turn. What’s gone well for you in 2015? Go!
Genuinely the last call: Use cyber2015 at checkout before midnight, December 31st, for 20% off all music, including Bone Walker, the long-list Grammy Award nominated album.