Kickstarter.com is a website that helps people fund creative projects. You come up with a project, you pitch it to them via a form; they approve it, or not! Then you go shoot a little video (strongly recommended but not technically required), come up with rewards for backers, and post it! If you reach your project target, the money gets awarded; if you don’t, then the money is never charged to the backers, without fees. So projects either get funded completely, or not at all, so you have no half-funded attempts.
I tried to make the video entertaining. I’m told I succeeded! Give it a clickie.
My project is for a CD Duplicator, for duplicating Dick Tracy Must Die and other projects. I’m also planning on making it available on a limited basis for other people so they can get sample runs out, but that’s not specifically part of the project. It looks like this:
LightScribe-supporting disc duplicator
Here are the rewards:
- PLEDGE $10 OR MORE – A custom two-song CD single of your choice! Name your tracks. ^_^
- PLEDGE $15 OR MORE – A signed two-song custom CD single of your choice! Name your tracks. ^_^
- PLEDGE $30 OR MORE – A signed copy of the finished album! FEEL THE RAEG!
- PLEDGE $50 OR MORE – Bring in 40 blank discs and your own (legal!) recording; we’ll print it for you!
- PLEDGE $75 OR MORE – A signed copy of the finished album, and if you bring in 50 blank discs and your own (legal!) recording, we’ll print ’em for you.
- PLEDGE $100 OR MORE – Two signed copies of the finished album, and Solarbird will play your event, anywhere up and down the Cascadian rail corridor!
- PLEDGE $200 OR MORE – Two signed copies of the finished album, and if you bring in 250 blank discs and your own recording, I’ll print your first 250 CDs!
- PLEDGE $350 OR MORE – Two signed copies of the finished album, and Solarbird will produce your single in her ministudio. PLEASE BE AWARE that this is a very small studio, suitable for one musician at a time, without even room for a proper drumkit. But this is where she recorded and produced Dick Tracy Must Die, Twelve Good Measures’s vocal recording, “Nothin’ But a Song,” and a couple of other projects. Listen to those at our website!
So that’s what it’s about. Please tell people about this, so that I have a shot of raising the money for this tool. I have a lot of ideas about little runs of different kinds of music, and this would make that a lot easier. And consider backing the project!