This section of the update is only about Republican and other fascist efforts to sabotage and/or discredit efforts to contain COVID-19, as I outlined back on April 21st.
I am assuming you have already heard about the anti-vax propaganda video Plandemic, which says all this is intentional, COVID-19 isn't real, vaccines in general and against it in particular are bad, and so on and so forth. That pseudo-documentary is being leveraged heavily by Trump and Trump-aligned groups to attack attempts to control the viral outbreak. One America News (OAN) has leaned particularly in with a 'story' amalgamating 30-60 years of conspiracy theories into one big "Only Trump can Save Us from the Communist Chinese Democrats Population Control Dictatorshop" propaganda exhibition, and it is really out to lunch. But Donkeyballs Donald continues to promote the network, of course, because it's supporting him and his re-election.
Also of interest are how the Washington State and Oregon Republican parties, having briefly flirted with sanity, are jerking hard to the Trumpist mainstream. The GOP are opening more lawsuits to try to shut down disease control efforts, and their paramilitaries - the Three Percenters in particular - are threatening violence against people reporting businesses not complying with health measures.
It's only going to keep getting this year, kids. The Conservative Movement is a death cult, and there is no United States government, only a Republican government, by and for them - and, mostly, their donors. Cascadia Now.
- Churches sue Gov. Brown over Oregon coronavirus restrictions
- At a Republican candidate forum for Washington governor, the coronavirus barely exists
- Reports: Deep State, China use COVID-19 for population control
- Timeline: Tracking Trump's rising coronavirus death toll estimates
- Sioux tribe rejects South Dakota governor request to remove Covid-19 checkpoints
- Column: America’s tolerance for mass murder is the coronavirus’ best friend
- Washington residents threatened after naming open businesses, as protesters gather at Capitol to assail coronavirus closures
- Selah mayor: City won't enforce Gov. Inslee's stay-at-home order
- Federal judge halts Kentucky temporary ban on church mass gatherings
- They Are Giving You Death and Calling It Liberty
- In Yakima County, tensions grow as some want life back to normal while agricultural workers want more protection amid coronavirus
- Trump wants America to ‘normalize’ coronavirus deaths. It’s the media’s job not to play along.
- Multiple White House Staffers Diagnosed With COVID-19 as Trump, Pence Hold Photo-Ops With the Elderly
( Collapse )